- Pinterest has more than 19,744,958 users.
- Eighty percent of the users are women.
- It is the 3rd most popular social networking site after Twitter and Facebook.
- Reports say that people are more 10% more likely to buy from a site they found on Pinterest, and spend about 10% more.
Pinterest has grown up fast, and it’s now one of the most popular places for you to advertise your business. Learn what you need to do to optimize your Pinterest profile, and how to play well with others.
SEO Tips for Pinterest
Google ranks Pinterest users, and they do it in much of the same way that they do websites – focusing on keywords, quality, and value.
Keyword Rich Text
- Your first step in optimizing your profile on Pinterest is to write a keyword rich About section. Use keywords people interested in your business will be more likely to search for on Pinterest.
- When creating boards, use keywords in your titles.
- Use keyword phrases in the descriptions you write for your images as well.
- Just as Google looks at the quality of your images and text on your website, they also look at the quality of your pins. That means you should only pin high-resolution images on your boards, and be sure to have it well organized in the right boards.
- User engagement is important to Google, and that means you should pin images that you believe your customers will enjoy the most. How will you know? Research your customers’ interests, and pay attention to the types of images your followers are re-pinning to know what else you should post.
Pinterest Etiquette to Increase Traffic and Online Reputation
Keep in mind some of these etiquette tips while on Pinterest to increase your popularity on the site.
- Pin images of your business, but also pin other images such as of the local area, or infographics.
- Comment on other people’s pins, and re-pin quality ones to your boards.
- Follower others on Pin who you believe would be interested in your boards.
- Hold contests such as offering a prize to those who post an image of using your products.
How do these tips help your ROI?
When people become interested in your pins, they will naturally want to learn more about you by reading your About section. Your About section will lead them to your website. It’s all about capturing your customers’ attention with your pins, and then enticing them to your site to make a sale.
Start Ranking Now with Social Media
Pinterest and other social networking sites are valuable marketing platforms to drive traffic to your website, and can greatly influence your search engine ranking. With all you need to do with your business operations, let experts handle your online reputation. We have added social media services to StartRankingNow.com to help our customers achieve the recognition they need to achieve their business goals online. Contact StartRankingNow for more information today.